more...DATAHIT: Day 6 Preview Thing
I did plan on making daily updates, but it fell flat because of my daily regime. So, here's a preview video of the current build (and game mechanics) to fill up the space!
more...Day 3: GIF Edition
Third Day Changelog:
* Added security forces! They'll hunt you down when you're with the gun out or after someone witnessed your murder
* Added target escaping
* Added music (courtesy of armadillo.cc)
* Removed some bugs, because screw them, amiright?
more...Day 2 Wrap-up
So, the game's doing pretty well. I've added spawners which spawn random NPCs when the player isn't looking at them, made a mockup of the game's map, and improved the UI!
Second Day Progress:
* Added more possible names to the name database.
* Added spawners which spawn random NPCs when the player isn't looking.
* Added "Visibility" to make it easier to indicate if you're being seen by a bystander or not.
* Added alertness: bystanders will run away from you when alerted; your target will run faster if alerted.
more...Day 1 Wrap-Up
I'm DancingEagle, and it's been a long day working on this from day to night. My game takes place in a near-future world in which a giant governmental database on everyone's personal information, including location, is leaked and sold for the highest bidder. The database has also reached the hands of the questionable Unified Hitmen Group (UHG), which specialise in blending agents in the streets and killing targets quietly and efficiently in "rapid contracts".
In the game you take the role of [Undecided], a rookie in the field taking mass rapid contracts. You must plan your hits as cocking and revealing your gun in the public will surely get the police and high security involved. The game randomly generates (using the most popular American names), creates targets and moves around NPCs, as your job is to look around for your target, eliminate it, and hide the body.
First Day Progress:
* Basic FPS controls and gun handling
* Basic AI: Movement, generation and reaction to sound and the gun
* Basic Game Management: Random target being chosen, eliminating it generates another, Basic game over when killing innocents
* Basic UI elements: Current Target and status
Future development will involve lure items, the security forces themselves, scoring, time trials, and sound effects and music courtesy of http://www.stanerbrink.com/